Infectious Greed posted about a blog which is harvesting 1930’s WSJ news pieces and headlines. The natural inclination from reading these frequently spot-on pieces is as a commentary on how history either repeats or rhymes. This natural inclination, just like the natural inclination to be overwhelmingly attracted to Gadget from Rescue Rangers, is wrong. History doesn’t repeat or rhyme, IT RAPS. And this is how it raps.
Jay-Z rapped 99 Problems to this historical current
The year is ’09 and your world is gone
You’ve just realized you’re alone, broke an’ one dumb pawn.
The financial forces y’all trusted are total shit,
That Ben behind the Fed curtain is not legit.
I ain’t trying to see no returns erased with Me.
We’ll head now to your situation, cut to the chase quickly.
Broker calls, “Son, do you know why your statements say zero”
‘Cause I’m young and I’m dumb and from Toledo?
Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don’t know.
Are you jerkin’ me off or should I guess some mo’
“Well you was overweight emerging markets like a schmoe.
Now you’re broke, and can’t afford your new McHouse or car.
Are you hidin’ any cash in your mattress, I know a lot of you are”
‘I ain’t done nothin’ wrong, it is someone else’s bullshit.’
“Well do you mind if I look at your finances a little bit.”
‘Well my car is leased and my house is underwater,
And I know my rights so the Govt gonna bail me out o’ there.’
“Aren’t you dumb like Nails, you some type of retard or something?”
Or a real mouth-breather or somethin’?”
Nah, I ain’t no rere, I passed my GED,
Smart enough to work for Ohio’s DMV.
“We’ll see how smart you are when the squid lord comes”
You got eleven trillion problems and squid is THE one.
- Signs of the Coming TaxApocalypse
- The Real Systemic Risk: Cephalopods
- The Man Swimming Next to Me Looks Like Ben Bernanke
- Johnny Debacle's Debacle Plan for California
- Best S-1 I Have Read Today
- In-Kind Price Targets
- Investment Strategies in a World Where Time Travel is Possible
- Cinco de Mayo: A Celebration of Kicking a French Debt Collector's Ass
- Is Brown the New Black?
- The OJ Simpson Corollary
- A Guide to Boring Conversations with Financial Professionals
- Revising Snoop Dogg Down
- Products So Good They're Dangerous
- Long Sluts and Short Strippers
- You have only 375 songs on your iPod: The Idiot Demographic