Fidelity, the privately held investment management firm, wants to manage billions and trillions of dollars. In other words, it wants 7 or 8 figure of AUM according to Fidelity math. Here is an actual ad the firm was running in Yahoo Finance’s retirement section, pointed out by a reader.
If their advice on how to retire a millionaire is to become a thousandaire…well that is the exact way in which they have managed much of their clients’ retirement portfolios over the past 3 years, so we give them points for consistency.
Recommendation: Take Fidelity public for the sole purpose of shorting it.
HT: ABRelated Reseach:
- The Demise of PE: Advertising
- How to Increase the Value of Yahoo! (YHOO), Revisited
- The Remunerative Powers of OO
- Four Simple Steps to Becoming a Thousandaire
- Mr. Market
- The Big V, the Big C and the Big WTF
- Maybe Not Marketing