- Become Fed Chairman
- Lower interest rates until you create an asset bubble. Hold them low until stagflation is in the air and a real estate bubble is floating
- Stop being Fed Chairman and release a book on how you didn’t do anything wrong and have no regrets. If possible, time it perfectly with the worst real estate market in generations
- Join the hedge fund which has profited more in % and dollar terms than anyone else has from your mess (which you didn’t create)
- Build a platinum statue of your muse, Ayn Rand, and sleep with it every night
It also helps if you are mostly unethical.
Addendum: Look at this quote from Greenspan from the WSJ’s Real Time Economics:
“Q: All three of your clients — Pimco, Deutsche Bank and now Paulson — were bearish early on housing and mortgages. Is there a connection?
A: I hadn’t [noticed] until you just raised the issue.”
Greenspanspeak is code for self-serving disingenuousness.Related Reseach:
- Dear Greenspan, Please Shut Up
- The Llama of Lame
- Bernanke in Pictures
- The Ring of Greenspan
- Four Simple Steps to Becoming a Thousandaire
- Four Simple Steps to Becoming a Billionaire
- Is There a Bubble in Housing Bubble Blogs?