Prince Albert, not to be confused with his cousin Fat, may have been a mini-baller before the concept was created. Was he the first?
From a history of Royal Albert Hall at British History Online:
One respect in which the hall as built was consonant with the Prince’s ideas was in its financing by private rather than public money…
In August 1864, while on the train to Norwich, he wrote to tell Grey what he had decided. ‘I have come to the conclusion that the only way to get the Memorial Hall done is to do it!’
1864 is now the earliest example we have of someone (knowingly) getting it done.
Hat Tip: Felix at PortfolioRelated Reseach:
- Citibank is the Mini-Baller Bank
- Jacob, Son of Isaac, the First Value Investor
- How to Get it Done - In the Afterlife
- Things This Mini-Baller is Thankful For
- Kim Jong-il, Mini-Baller
- Evidence of the Existence of the Mini-mini-baller?
- Mini-Baller Roulette
- I Look Sweet on a Bicycle For One
- How to be a Mini-Baller